GetRide operates this web site to allow users to make ground transportation reservations, to communicate corporate news and information about our products and services, and to provide a tool for communicating with our many customers and vendors (“Services”. Ground transportation reservations, product overviews, general company information, press releases, and registration processing for GetRide products are all provided through this Site.
We’re extremely proud of our commitment to protecting your privacy online. We value your trust in us and will work hard to earn your confidence so that you can enthusiastically use our services and recommend them to others.
GetRide’ Privacy Promise
GetRide promises never to sell, rent, barter or share with any third party personally-identifying information collected during your use of the Site without your prior permission.
From time to time we may reveal general statistical information about our Site and visitors, such as number of visitors, number and type of goods and services purchased, etc., but we will never reference you by name or specific address.
Your trust and confidence are our highest priority.
GetRide’ host computer and servers are located in the United States. Information collected by GetRide is stored in a single, secure database, accessible only by GetRide. By your use of the Site you consent to your data being transferred to and processed in the United States.
How Information Is Gathered
We collect and store the names, addresses, credit card numbers and other personally-identifying information of customers of the Site who make purchase requests. This information is saved in a secure environment and is kept for our records and to make it easier for you to use our services on return visits.
Voluntary Information may be collected from you in several instances when you are on the Site. When you request information to be sent to you on various products and services, investor information or when you provide us information regarding potential business opportunities, you will be asked to complete an online form or submit information via e-mail. Information collected will include names, postal addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, ratings, photographs, social networking information, location data, payment information, device type, issues, credit card information and certain preferences you have depending on the services or information you are requesting.
The information you provide will never be used for purposes other than for the reasons it was given without your permission.
How is the information used
Information collected will be used to fulfill your request and provide you with the Site, App or Services or information you have requested.
We do not reveal your name, address, credit card number or other personally-identifying information to any participating seller, manufacturer, retailer, or sponsor of GetRide unless you affirmatively select a Provider and/or the Provider agrees to provide the product or service you requested.
Information we collect is used to build features that will make the services available on the Site easier to use. This includes faster purchase requests, better customer support and timely notice of new services and special offers.
Information you provide may be shared internally with other GetRide departments or affiliates in order to process your request for information or services. Information is not shared outside of GetRide unless your permission has been obtained.
How we use Third Parties
• to contractors, service providers, any suppliers, subcontractors (including payment providers) and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
• to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
• to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if we develop a “e-mail a friend” feature and you provide us with e-mails to use that feature, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients;
• for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
• with your consent;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share Your Information in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply the Driver or User Terms, and all other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
• to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of GetRide, our customers or others, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk protection.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personally-Identifying Information
To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personally-identifying information. If you have registered your profile on any of the services available on our Site, your e-mail address and password are required in order to access your profile information.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information, we will employ reasonable and current Internet security methods and technologies. GetRide uses technology to encrypt all your personal information including credit card number, name and address to prevent your information from being read during transmission over the Internet.
Similarly, your personal information when you submit a reservation and authorizes us to transmit your personal information to a Provider for fulfillment is encrypted. Please note that a Provider may employ security methods and technologies that differ from ours, and we encourage you to read that policy before responding to a Provider’s offer.
Concerns or Questions Concerning Your Privacy
This web site provides information and services for many different business units within GetRide. Any questions or issues about your privacy or information you provide us should be sent to